Peace Mail/ April 18-24 2017
Weekly Update on the implementation of the Peace Agreement. The final peace accord contains a three-pronged approach to ensuring fulfillment of commitments included in the text: the Commission for Monitoring, Promotion, and Verification of the Implementation of the Peace Accord (CSIVI), the National Reincorporation Council (CNR) and the GOC-FARC-UN tripartite Monitoring and Verification Mechanism (MM&V). This callout box includes a weekly update on releases and work related to these supports for implementing the peace accords in Colombia.
- The Colombian Army discovered a sizeable weapons cache in the department of Putumayo
- First FARC-EP member killed after the peace process
- Neither the GoC nor the FARC-EP will be permitted to select judges for the Special Jurisdiction for Peace (JEP)
- The GoC and the FARC-EP have requested a new UN Peace Mission for Colombia
- ELN Clashes with Gaitanist Self-Defense forces in Bolívar